[Exim] SpamAssassin, and cPanel default exim.conf

Author: Thomas Tremain
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: [Exim] SpamAssassin, and cPanel default exim.conf

I've seen this problem for a long time, in many versions of cPanel

Scenario:

No mailboxes in domain, only forwards to mailboxes in another domain (off

server)

Spam assassin is enabled.

Email sent to these forwards, are not parsed by SpamAssassin, nor are

they tested with email filters.

Possible fix:

Current code in exim.conf

sa_localuser:

driver = accept

check_local_user

headers_add="${perl{gensaheader}{$local_part}}"

condition = "${perl{checkusersa}{$local_part}{$received_protocol}}"

domains = ! lsearch;/etc/userdomains

transport = local_sa_delivery

If you remove the "domains =" line or remove the "!" in the same line,

emails will be parsed by Spamassassin and email filters before being

forwarded.

I am not sure if this will break something else however. I am not

familiar with *HOW* this works, I just know it fixes this issue.

Ideas?
Thomas Tremain
www.LiveHost.net <http://www.LiveHost.net>
www.GotoNames.com <http://www.GotoNames.com>