Re: [Exim] Exim 4.40 release

Author: Dan Egli
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim 4.40 release
Philip Hazel wrote:

> I have just put Exim release 4.40 on the primary ftp site:
>
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/exim-4.40.tar.gz
> ftp://ftp.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/software/email/exim/exim4/exim-4.40.tar.bz2

I've just finished building RPMs for Fedora Core 2. They can be obtained
from:

http://eglifamily.dnsalias.net/exim/exim-4.40-1.i386.rpm
http://eglifamily.dnsalias.net/exim/exim-sa-4.40-1.i386.rpm
http://eglifamily.dnsalias.net/exim/exim-doc-4.40-1.i386.rpm
http://eglifamily.dnsalias.net/exim/exim-debuginfo-4.40-1.i386.rpm

as well, here is a source RPM that should be compatible on most RH
distributions that use the db4 libs.

http://eglifamily.dnsalias.net/exim/exim-4.40-1.src.rpm

I don't have access to any other distros to make a version for them. If
you want to make it and send me the RPMs I'm willing.

These files are based on the Fedora RPM, updated for Exim 4.40 with the
"fallback on rejection" patch that circulated on the list included. This
patch lets you set a callback_host that will be tried upon failure of
the exim chosen MTA (great for those of us who are stuck on a dynamic IP
but want/need a full MTA running). An example of doing it is in the
exim-doc package, in the config.samples dir, under C099.
--
-- Dan