Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_predata

Author: Tony Finch
To: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] acl_smtp_predata
On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

> in any case, I don't see how delaying the defer will reduce disk load,
> particularily considering that most spammers won't bother to retry.

Exim -bpc involves a directory scan of the queue. It's probably not a very
expensive operation compared to the other checks, but it does involve a
fork/exec and a shell so it isn't that cheap. It's best to save the effort
if we can.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch <dot@???> http://dotat.at/
SHETLAND ISLES: SOUTH OR SOUTHWEST 3 OCCASIONALLY 4 BACKING SOUTHEAST 3