Re: [Exim] pull back lookup info as variable

Author: Dave Markham
To: exim-users
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] pull back lookup info as variable
Thanks for the reply although I am not requiring to translate any ips.

I have looked at the dnsdb query and although i am not correct on the syntax
at all, in my own head im trying to do something like this in a dnslookup
router :-

#routers
ext_if_not_int:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = external_smtp
headers_remove = recieved
condition = ${lookup
dnsdb{mx=$domain}lsearch{/usr/exim/internal_ips}fail} <- this bit made up

int_if_not_ext:
driver = dnslookup
domains = ! +local_domains
transport = smtp

#transports

external_smtp:
driver = smtp
hosts = external.smart.host

smtp:
driver = smtp

I know the MX will return the name of the host for mx, but somewhere exim
does resolve it to know what ip to connection to. So i am trying to find
which ip it will try and connect to and if NOT an internal ip then send via
a smart host. If it is an internal ip then send via normal dnslookup using
our internal dns.

I have managed to get it all working with ignore_target_hosts on the router
set to be the internal ips, but from reading the book I dont think this is
the correct use of ignore_target_hosts

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks
Dave