Re: [Exim] Modifying locally generated Sender: and From: lin…

Author: LÉCZ Balázs
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Modifying locally generated Sender: and From: lines
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:05:27PM +0200, balazs@??? wrote:
> I would like to modify the way the Sender: and From: headers are generated

> I tried using address rewrite rules with the "Ffrs" flags, like the
> /etc/email-addresses construction does, but it does not rewrite the
> From: and Sender: addresses of locally generated email, only the
> envelope From and the Return-path: (very much as I would like).

We have come up with an Exim system filter solution, which contains

headers remove From
headers add "From: [...]"

and

headers remove Sender
headers add "Sender: [...]"

It seems to be a kludge for me, but works.

Are there any development plans to make the From: and Sender: header
generation procedure customizable from config, like the Received: generation?
(Hope, it's not RTFM.)

--
Balazs Lecz
System engineer