[Exim] Modifying locally generated Sender: and From: lines

Author: balazs
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Modifying locally generated Sender: and From: lines
Hi!

I would like to modify the way the Sender: and From: headers are generated
by Exim4 in locally generated emails. I've read the Exim documentation,
which explains how Exim generates the Sender header (in section 44.14.).
It is not clear for me if there is any possibility to alter this
behavior.

I tried using address rewrite rules with the "Ffrs" flags, like the
/etc/email-addresses construction does, but it does not rewrite the
From: and Sender: addresses of locally generated email, only the
envelope From and the Return-path: (very much as I would like).

Thanks for any hints in advance!

Balazs Lecz
System engineer