Re: [Exim] Variable/operator that contains results of MX loo…

Autor: mark moseley
A: David S. Madole, exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Variable/operator that contains results of MX lookup?
> I don't know how to do what you're asking, but just
> having the MX records
> wouldn't help; you'd need the addresses of the hosts
> the MX records point to
> for your condition to work. MX records don't contain
> addresses directly.

True, I was thinking of IPs. Since exim will have
already gotten these to determine if it's local to the
server, they'd be just as available at that point as
the MX hostnames (though I'm sure having access to the
hostnames as well as IPs would come in handy in other
situations).

> How about setting extra_local_interfaces to the list
> of addresses your MX
> records might resolve to:

This is the part where I say you're a genius! :) I
had always taken that directive to be referring to IPs
that had to exist on the box, but you're right. This
should work perfectly. Thanks!