Re: [Exim] Variable/operator that contains results of MX loo…

Autor: Scott Call
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Variable/operator that contains results of MX lookup?
On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, mark moseley wrote:

> I'm curious if the MX records of a looked-up domain
> are available in a variable?
>
> I've got mail servers behind load balancers, thus in a
> private IP range. To fool the mail servers into
> thinking that they are local for those IP (and should
> handle mail for domains whose MX records resolve
> there), I've set up dummy interfaces with those IPs.

Any reason you don't just use a list of local domains in the config, a
flat file, dbm or sql?

I am in the same situation (nowhere near the load at this point) and by
using a list of local domains, I've never had to work that the hostname of
the MX resolvs to an external address, while the server itself has
RFC1918 space.

-Scott