Re: [Exim] newbie email problems

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: K. Shantanu
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] newbie email problems
On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, K. Shantanu wrote:

> I think I got it working, thanks to a offlist tip which got me working.
> This whole exercise is for a student who has given me a shell at his
> machine and told me to search a way to have extension addresses (if
> I wanted them) and he too is not comfortable with exim after many months.
> So, I replicated the setup on my machine and tried things.
> Now there is a version problem. He is using Exim 3.35 and I have
> uploaded his exim.conf ( i have just changed the domain name cos' I am not
> root) at
> www.bjjhumit.com/exim-org.txt

All bets are off. Exim 3 was replace by Exim 4 two and a half years ago
(an eternity on the net). Few people on this list can remember much
about Exim 3. I certainly can't. Everything I have said, and what others
have said, applies to Exim 4. (I don't have the time to relearn Exim 3,
either!)

> Kindly advise if I just add to localuser:
> local_part_suffix = +*
> local_part_suffix_optional
>
> Will that solve it for his exim.conf and have access to extension addresses?

Both Nigel's message and my previous message told you want to do. I
repeat: For Exim 4, add two those options to BOTH the userforward and
the localuser routers. For Exim 3, I can't remember. I think there was
something similar.