[Exim] Exim 4.34 VS 3.16

Author: jørn peter israelsen
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Exim 4.34 VS 3.16
I still have the problem - exim works some hours, but it then refuses to accept
anything but manual tests writing mails to port 25, and the -bh option does not
reveal errors..

pls find below the most active of my configure file.
the filter is unchanged from version 3.16
the server is only used to receive mail for all the domains

the exim recieves mail from a smtp AV scanner 195.192.90.31 (smaug)
the exim_mainlog complains about a localhost.localdomain, but it does not seem
to help to insert it, and the newly installed linux 8 is not being very helpful

mail now bounces giving a unreachable or down from smaug

i am goving away a few days - be back monday

pls. close to revert to 3.16
cheeers

acl_smtp_rcpt = check_recipient
acl_smtp_data = check_message

domainlist local_domains = ceuherning.dk : \
    herningts.dk : \
    #smaug.herningts.dk : \
    orla.ceuherning.dk : \
    haandvaerk.dk : \
    eami.dk : \
    fjernundervisning.com : \
    akademi-midt.dk : \
    pluto.herningts.dk : \
    #smaug.ceuherning.dk : \
    pluto.ceuherning.dk : \
    helpdesk.ceuherning.dk : \
    ucherning.dk

domainlist relay_domains = ceuherning.dk : \
    edu.herningts.dk : \
    smaug.ceuherning.dk : \
    smaug.herningts.dk : \
    195.192.90.31 : \
    orla.ceuherning.dk : \
    eami.dk : \
    haandvaerk.dk : \
    fjernundervisning.com : \
    uni2.dk : \
    delud.dk : \
    koldingts.dk : \
    akademi-midt.dk : \
    testweb.herningts.dk : \
    eucsyd.dk : \
    uc.hernhs.dk : \
    hernhs.dk : \
    ikasths.dk : \
    esbjts.dk : \
    htssrv01.herningts.dk : \
    pluto.ceuherning.dk : \
    htssrv01.ceuherning.dk : \
    localhost.localdomain : \
    helpdesk.ceuherning.dk : \
    ucherning.dk
hostlist relay_hosts = 195.192.90.31 : \
    195.192.90.200 : \
    193.162.252.38 : \
    193.162.252.2 : \
    194.112.32.65 : \
    193.0.0.199 : \
    216.168.224.69 : \
    localhost.localdomain : \
    195.192.90.106 : \
    195.192.90.61

system_filter = /usr/exim/system_filter.exim
message_body_visible = 10000
host_lookup = 0.0.0.0/0

begin acl

#!!# ACL that is used after the RCPT command
check_recipient:
  # Exim 3 had no checking on -bs messages, so for compatibility
  # we accept if the source is local SMTP (i.e. not over TCP/IP).
  # We do this by testing for an empty sending host field.
  accept  hosts = :
  accept domains = :
  deny    message = host is listed in $dnslist_domain
          dnslists = rbl.maps.vix.com
  accept  domains = +local_domains : +relay_domains
  accept  hosts = +relay_hosts
  deny    message = relay not permitted !
accept  local_parts   = postmaster
          domains       = +local_domains

#!!# ACL that is used after the DATA command
check_message:
accept

lookuphost:
driver = dnslookup