Re: [Exim] %1@domain.com forwarding

Author: John Burnham
To: Customer Support
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] %1@domain.com forwarding
Customer Support wrote:

>Major problem and I can't see an answer in the docs or faq's sorry!
>
>Just upgraded 6500 email accounts from sendmail to exim and discovered (too
>late) that exim doesn't have quite the same feature as sendmail.
>In the sendmail virtusertable we would have @domain %1@someotherdomain
>
>ie mail to bob@domain would be passed on to bob@someotherdomain
>tom to tom etc.
>
>Can't see how to recreate this in exim, any pointers?

Well, you could use a redirect router along the lines of (untested):

nameofrouter:
    driver = redirect
     domains = domain
     data =  ${quote:$local_part}@someotherdomain

Put this in the relevant place in amongst your routers (remembering that
the routers are tried in order) and see if that works.
For more details see chapter 22 in the Exim 4 specification.
John