Re: [Exim] %1@domain.com forwarding

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] %1@domain.com forwarding
On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:05:54 +0100, John Burnham wrote:
> >Just upgraded 6500 email accounts from sendmail to exim and discovered
> >(too late) that exim doesn't have quite the same feature as sendmail.
> >In the sendmail virtusertable we would have @domain %1@someotherdomain
>
> Well, you could use a redirect router along the lines of (untested):

I don't think you need anything anywhere near as complicated ... just have
entries in your alias file along the lines of :-

*:    ${local_part}@???

That's in use here with the following router :-

virtual:
# Deal with the virtual domains
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
local_part_suffix = +*
local_part_suffix_optional
data =
${expand:${lookup{$local_part}dbm*{/opt/exim4/valiases/$domain.db}}}
#check_local_user domains = +local_domains
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
retry_use_local_part
no_more

My memory isn't co-operating today but I think the key part is 'dbm*' in the
lookup (rather than 'dbm').

--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security