Re: [Exim] exim filter and Maildir

Autor: Xander D Harkness
A: Odhiambo Washington
CC: EximUser List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim filter and Maildir
Odhiambo Washington wrote:

>* Xander D Harkness <xander@???> [20040623 21:00]: wrote:
>

>>Please can someone point to what I am missing
>>
>>I have an exim filter file in my home directory that worked before I
>>migrated to Maildir. The contents are:
>>
>># Exim filter
>>logfile $home/filter.log
>>if $message_body matches helloxander
>> then
>>save $home/Maildir/.INBOX.testme/
>>endif
>>
>>I send an email that has helloxander in the body.
>>
>>If I test the filter on the command line it says it works:
>>
>>/usr/sbin/exim -f bert@??? -bf /home2/xander/.eximforward <filtertest
>>Return-path taken from "Return-path:" header line
>>Return-path = exim-users-admin@???
>>Sender      = bert@???
>>Recipient   = root@???
>>Testing Exim filter file "/home2/xander/.eximforward"

>>Logfile /root/filter.log
>>Save message to: /root/Maildir/.INBOX.testme/
>>Filtering set up at least one significant delivery or other action.
>>No other deliveries will occur.
>>
>>I then send an email with helloxander in the body and while exim -bd
>>-d+all suggests that it would like to use
>>/home/xander/Maildir/INBOX.testme/ as a delivery location, it dumps
>>every message in my inbox.

Thanks for the fast response :-)

>You need to define the following in your exim configure (for
>the system filter):
>
>system_filter_directory_transport = address_directory2

This is not a system filter it is in essence the .forward file with exim
filtering allowed. I have tried

#This is to allow the use of exim filter files.
userfilter:
driver = redirect
check_local_user
file = $home/.eximforward
no_verify
no_expn
check_ancestor
allow_filter
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe
reply_transport = address_reply
directory_transport = local_delivery
local_part_suffix = +*
local_part_suffix_optional
modemask = 002
allow_defer

#Transports section
local_delivery:
driver = appendfile
delivery_date_add
envelope_to_add
return_path_add
group = mail
mode = 0660
directory=/home2/${local_part}/Maildir
maildir_format = true

>Then create the address_directory2 transport. Just make
>a copy of the default address_directory transport and then add
>maildir_format rule to it.
>
>Then modify your filter to end with double slash, as in
>
>save $home/Maildir/.INBOX.testme//
>
>Now run a test (sending mail) and see if it works. Ask me
>if it doesn't ;-)

I have tried a number of things trying address_directory: within    the
transports section as many available via google have suggested.

The exim documentation states that there are five default local
transports, the default configuration file does notcontain the
address_directory transport. I have attached some more information
thinking that I should probably have sent this originally :-)

Kind regards
Xander