Re: [Exim] freezing a set on mails

Autor: Michael Fischer v. Mollard
A: exim-users
CC: Jeremy Harris
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] freezing a set on mails

-- On Wednesday, June 23, 2004 21:56:47 +0100 Jeremy Harris wrote:

> When I'm in panic mode I want to do things like
> freeze all mails from one domain. Can this
> be done with a single command?
>
> exim -S <pattern> -Mf
>
> doesn't seem to help me.

When I'm in panic mode I do something like

for i in `grep -l ^badaddress *-H`; do mv ${i/-H/-D} SOMEOTHERDIR; mv $i
SOMEOTHERDIR ; done

in the queue directory, which is rude, but working. Not actually freezing,
but you may move them to the spool again later.

> In the same vein, a way of halting queue-runs
> (both in-progress and future) from a command,
> and continuing them later would be nice.

Absolutely.

Michael