[Exim] HELP ! Big exim problems

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Michael Bonnice
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] HELP ! Big exim problems
Hi All,

I am in desperate need of some help with an exim server.

I am running Exim version 4.34 which I recently upgraded from version 4.24
using gentoo's package manager portage. The upgrade seemed to work fine and
the new binary started up fine. However whenever I went to send mail to an
external domain I got a rejection message saying:

Delay reason: User 0 set for remote_smtp transport is on the
fixed_never_users list

The mail would just sit in the queue and every 24 hours I would get this
message.

I looked it up and found this:

"The list of users specified by never_users is not, however, the complete
list; the build-time configuration in Local/Makefile has an option called
FIXED_NEVER_USERS specifying a list that cannot be overridden. The contents
of never_users are added to this list. By default FIXED_NEVER_USERS also
specifies root. "

I was running exim_user as root, which is now on the FIXED_NEVER_USERS list.

I have tried changing the exim_user to exim and now I cant authenticate to
send mail - I have smtp authentication enabled.

The same happens with user mail.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael