Re: [Exim] Matching bounce recipients against sender hashes

Author: Christian Balzer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Matching bounce recipients against sender hashes
Tor wrote:

>After various SMTP protocol checks and delays, greylisting

                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^
[...]

>This suffix should be a hash value that is unique for each message

                                            ^^^^^^

I guess you know where I'm heading already. Greylisting _and_
fully unique sender addresses (unlike VERP) per individual
message do not really mix that well.
Unless one uses a greylisting scheme like the one at:

http://users.aber.ac.uk/auj/spam/

which will whitelist sender IPs that have successfully passed the
greylist hurdle, you wind up getting delayed each time at sites
deploying "regular" greylisting...

Regards,

Christian Balzer
--
Christian Balzer        Network/Systems Engineer                NOC
chibi@???       Global OnLine Japan/Fusion Network Services