[Exim] sig 11 with exim 4.34: mysql lookup for address_data

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] sig 11 with exim 4.34: mysql lookup for address_data
Hello Exim experts,

I'm running exim 4.34 and stretching myself to take better advantage
of exim's features. This is my first time to try to put several values
into $address_data using a mysql lookup and I've hit a problem(!)

I have a router:

get_inside_id:
driver = redirect
address_data = ADDRESS_INFO
data =

Where, in the global data part:

ADDRESS_INFO=${lookup mysql{select addresses.id,addresses.type \
           from addresses, domains \
           where domains.name= '${quote_mysql:$domain}' \
           and addresses.local_part = '${quote_mysql:$local_part}' \
           and domains.id = addresses.domain_id}{$value}{0}}

I'm testing by running:

exim -d+expand -t < /tmp/x

Where /tmp/x is a message from marilyn@??? to
marilyn@???. I'm testing on maildance.com.

The output looks right until:

MYSQL query: select addresses.id,addresses.type from addresses, domains where domains.name= 'maildance.com' and addresses.local_part = 'marilyn' and domains.id = addresses.domain_id
MYSQL using cached connection for localhost/maildance/root

[root@maildance log]#

Boom. It just stops. The exim_mainlog says:

2004-06-09 18:28:59 1BYENH-0004J0-CE <= marilyn@??? U=root P=local S=2575

And that's all, for a while. There is nothing in the exim_paniclog.

But later I get:

2004-06-09 18:43:31 queue run: process 16677 crashed with signal 11 while delivering 1BYENH-0004J0-CE

And the exim_paniclog has the same entry.

When I run the mysql query directly, it produces a good result:

mysql> select addresses.id,addresses.type from addresses, domains where domains.name= 'maildance.com' and addresses.local_part = 'marilyn' and domains.id = addresses.domain_id
    -> ;

| id | type         |

| 9 | INSIDE-LOGIN |

1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

I make several other queries and updates via exim and all goes well.

What can I do?

Marilyn Davis