Re: [Exim] Perl errors (exigrep)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Perl errors (exigrep)
* Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@???> [20040609 10:36]: wrote:
> Vadim Vygonets wrote:
>
> >Quoth Philip Hazel on Tue, Jun 08, 2004:
> >
> >>Indeed. 5.005_03 must be quite an old version of Perl, isn't it?
> >
> >Oh yes, definitely. BSDs tend to take their time upgrading third
> >party software in their base distributions unless there is a good
> >reason to do it immediately. Upsides and downsides, I presume :)
>
> FreeBSD decided to move perl out of the base in -CURRENT, due to the
> problems related to upgrading perl and associated modules.

For sure, that area is so messed in FreeBSD. At the expense of going OT,
what is the experience from other OSes (I have Linux in mind).
I am asking here because the Linux versions being run by people on this
list is as diverse as the people themselves ;)

> always install a more recent version from ports, but since 5.005_03
> is still in base on -STABLE it makes sense to not break support for
> it when there is no good reason to do so. At least we are moving
> faster in terms of Exim versions that some other distributions do ;)

Like Java in FreeBSD. Sucks!

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post