Re: [Exim] Perl errors (exigrep)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Oliver Eikemeier
Para: Vadim Vygonets
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Perl errors (exigrep)
Vadim Vygonets wrote:

> Quoth Philip Hazel on Tue, Jun 08, 2004:
>
>>Indeed. 5.005_03 must be quite an old version of Perl, isn't it?
>
> Oh yes, definitely. BSDs tend to take their time upgrading third
> party software in their base distributions unless there is a good
> reason to do it immediately. Upsides and downsides, I presume :)

FreeBSD decided to move perl out of the base in -CURRENT, due to the
problems related to upgrading perl and associated modules. You can
always install a more recent version from ports, but since 5.005_03
is still in base on -STABLE it makes sense to not break support for
it when there is no good reason to do so. At least we are moving
faster in terms of Exim versions that some other distributions do ;)

-Oliver