Re: [Exim] Perl errors (exigrep)

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andreas Metzler
Para: exim-users
CC: Odhiambo G. Washington
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Perl errors (exigrep)
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 03:55:57PM +0300, Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> * Oliver Eikemeier <eikemeier@???> [20040609 10:36]: wrote:
> > Vadim Vygonets wrote:
> >
> > >Quoth Philip Hazel on Tue, Jun 08, 2004:

> > >Oh yes, definitely.

[...]
> For sure, that area is so messed in FreeBSD. At the expense of going OT,
> what is the experience from other OSes (I have Linux in mind).
> I am asking here because the Linux versions being run by people on this
> list is as diverse as the people themselves ;)

[...]

You'll probably be hard pressed to find somebody using Linux with perl
earlier than 5.6, as these old systems are not supported (with
security updates)[1] by their respective vendor anymore. Even Debian
3.0 (woody) includes 5.6.
                cu andreas
[1] RHEL promises 5 years of updates, so if it had existed then RedHat
would still support perl5.005 systems. Perl5.6 was released March 2000.