RE: [Exim] exim and sendmail on the same box

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Zoong Pham
Para: Andrzej Filip, exim-users
Assunto: RE: [Exim] exim and sendmail on the same box
Hi Andrzej,

I don't understand you here.
You mean, once I have Sendmail queued mails for a ODMR (ATRN)
domain in BSMTP files, then I can point odmrd to that files to
provide mails when a ODMR (ATRN) client requests.
I think we still need a SMTP daemon capable with ODRM (ATRN)
constantly listening.
And Sendmail does have the capability yet.
And the capable MTA daemon will call odmrd to do the work.

> You can make sendmail use exim as one of its mailers (smtp
> over stdin/stdout)
> and use mailertable to make sendmail select deliveries for
> some domains via
> exim [ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/mailertables.html ].
> You can use a few defines to modify one of 5 sendmail's smtp mailers.

> BTW Its is possible to run exim and sendmail smtp daemons
> together of multi-ip
> mail host.

Yes, I plan to use Sendmail mailertable to relay mails for a
ODMR (ATRN) domains to Exim.
IIRC, mailertable can use name or IP address only without specified port.
It uses the standard port (25).
So if Sendmail and Exim both run on the same box,
the relayed mails will be sent to the Sendmail MTA daemon that listens (by
default) on port 25. Not the Exim one as I expect. Even the box
has multi IP addresses like you said below.

> Ask for further details at news:comp.mail.sendmail

I did before I sent the original mail the this list.
Somehow it has not arrive the newsgroup yet.
I will check my news reader.

I have couple of questions for you about shared mailbox using your
method at http://anfi.homeunix.net/sendmail/sharedmailbox.html.
but I will send it separately to you or the sendmail newsgroup.

Thanks and regards,
Zoong