Re: [Exim] exim and sendmail on the same box

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Andrzej Filip
Para: exim-users
CC: Zoong Pham
Assunto: Re: [Exim] exim and sendmail on the same box
Zoong Pham wrote:
> I have been using Sendmail 8.12.x for virtual domains.
> Now one of my clients asks for ODMR (ATRN).
> In particular, the client wants to get all the mails
> for his domain from my Sendmail queue to his mail server.
> His mail server is MDaemon running on W2K and has a dynamic
> IP address.
>
> Sendmail does not support ODMR (ATRN) yet.
>
> I plan to use odmrd (http://www.plonk.de/sw/odmr/).
> It is designed natively with Exim and MySQL.
>
> I am thinking of installing Exim on the same server with Sendmail
> and relay all the mail for that particular client's domain from
> the default Sendmail MTA to Exim MTA.
> It means Exim should listen on different port rather the default
> 25.
> The reason is to minimise the user account database management,
> security, performance, etc...
>
> Is that feasible? If so, any comments for that setup?
> And any hint to do that with Exim. (I don't have any experience
> with Exim).

I think you do not need *exim smtp daemon*. All you need is storing messages
for ODMR (ATRN) domains in BSMTP files.

You can make sendmail use exim as one of its mailers (smtp over stdin/stdout)
and use mailertable to make sendmail select deliveries for some domains via
exim [ http://www.sendmail.org/m4/mailertables.html ].
You can use a few defines to modify one of 5 sendmail's smtp mailers.

Ask for further details at news:comp.mail.sendmail

BTW Its is possible to run exim and sendmail smtp daemons together of multi-ip
mail host.

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@??? anfi@???
http://anfi.homeunix.net/exim/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi