Re: [Exim] Callout and Smarthosting "bug" ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Callout and Smarthosting "bug" ?
Dan Shoop wrote:

> How would this be helpful? Wouldn't the smarthost just return a success
> all the time anyway as it would accept the callout as a request for relay?

No, my plans are for the callout code to support things like SMTP/LMTP
auth, TLS, etc. This is not intended for use against a smarthost, it's
intended for use against a host that you really do want to use for
callout verification (for recipients, usually, not senders) but that
host requires AUTH and/or TLS.

Really what this involves is breaking up the SMTP transport code into
manageable pieces and creating a "connection state" structure, so the
callout code can use existing SMTP engine (right now it has its own
reimplementation, which is why it does not support the advanced features).