Re: [Exim] Callout and Smarthosting "bug" ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Dan Shoop
Para: Kevin P. Fleming, exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Callout and Smarthosting "bug" ?
At 8:49 AM -0700 6/8/04, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>Avleen Vig wrote:
>>2) The callout code doesn't authenticate when trying to do callback
>>against the smarthost, and as a result gets (at least in my case) a 550
>>error.
>
>Right, the current Exim callout code is very simple and does not support
>any of the advanced features of the SMTP transport. I've had plans for
>months now to change that, but have not had any time to work on it.

How would this be helpful? Wouldn't the smarthost just return a
success all the time anyway as it would accept the callout as a
request for relay?
--

-dhan

Dan Shoop                                              shoop@???
Consulting Internet Architect                              shoop@???
AIM: iWiring                                     http://www.iwiring.net/
                                                   http://www.ustsvs.com/

pgp key fingerprint: FAC0 9434 B5A5 24A8 D0AF 12B1 7840 3BE7 3736 DE0B

iWiring designs and supports Internet systems and networks based on
Mac OS X, unix, and Open Source application technologies and offers
24x7, guaranteed support to registered clients, at affordable rates.