Re: [Exim] Callout and Smarthosting "bug" ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Kevin P. Fleming
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Callout and Smarthosting "bug" ?
Avleen Vig wrote:

> 1) The callouts go to my smarthost - these seems wrong. Shouldn't the
> callout code know that it is doing a callout and bypass the smarthost?
> Well, maybe. I just realised callout breaks for anyone whose IP is on a
> blocklist being used by the remote server. Your message night get
> rejected, but not because the user doesn't exist :-(

There is no way for the callout code to be this intelligent; if you've
only provided a router that goes via your smarthost, what else could it
do? If you want it to work this way, put in a traditional router set to
verify_only, and put no_verify on your smarthost router. If your box
can't connect out to random SMTP servers, though, then you'll still not
be able to use callouts.

> 2) The callout code doesn't authenticate when trying to do callback
> against the smarthost, and as a result gets (at least in my case) a 550
> error.

Right, the current Exim callout code is very simple and does not support
any of the advanced features of the SMTP transport. I've had plans for
months now to change that, but have not had any time to work on it.