[Exim] Callout and Smarthosting "bug" ?

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Avleen Vig
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [Exim] Callout and Smarthosting "bug" ?
I'm sure I've seen this in messages before, but for the life of me can't
find it in the archives.

I've recently started to (through no willing choice of my own) smarthost
my mail through my ISP. The smarthost uses smtpauth.

This all works well *except* for the callouts on incoming mail.

1) The callouts go to my smarthost - these seems wrong. Shouldn't the
callout code know that it is doing a callout and bypass the smarthost?
Well, maybe. I just realised callout breaks for anyone whose IP is on a
blocklist being used by the remote server. Your message night get
rejected, but not because the user doesn't exist :-(

2) The callout code doesn't authenticate when trying to do callback
against the smarthost, and as a result gets (at least in my case) a 550
error.

--
Avleen Vig
Systems Administrator