Re: [Exim] Exim & spamd.. eating all my memory and cpu

Autor: Scott Call
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim & spamd.. eating all my memory and cpu
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004, Finn Boje Johannessen wrote:

> --
> Hi
>
> I got a problem with exim and spamd.....
>
> It looks like spamd and exim is eating all my memory and cpu....
> So I have to restart the server from time to time.....

Have you considered running the "clamdwatch" script included in the clamav
distribution? It contains the Eicar-Test signature and scans itself every
minute. If no response in 15 seconds you can restart clamd

> Now i would like to only scan messages comming from the outside world.
> So mails sent from local user to local user should not be scanned.
> And also emails sent from local user to the outside world should not be scanned.

I would recommned you consider scanning all mail, even of local origin.
Remember if you keep a virus from being relayed through your server,
you're much more likely to not get complaints and/or blacklisting from
other mail servers out there.