Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

Author: Rik van Riel
To: Colm MacCarthaigh
CC: Scott MOhnkern, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM
On Thu, 27 May 2004, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 12:40:40PM -0400, Scott MOhnkern wrote:
> > AOL has announced that they will soon refuse email that does not support
> > Sender Policy Framework (SPF).

That'd be a bit over the top. Luckily it's not true...

> (which include RFC-compliancy, something SPF is not yet), all I
> can find is that AOL are insisting on their whitelist participants
> publishing SPF records;
>
>     http://postmaster.aol.com/info/spf.html

Unfortunately the announcement only says that domains on
AOL's whitelist should use SPF records to prevent their
IP addresses from falling off AOL's whitelist over time.

I wish they started to honor SPF records for incoming mail
from all domains with a record, that way I wouldn't get
bounces from them for mail with my address forged as the
sender ...

Rik