Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

Author: Colm MacCarthaigh
To: Scott MOhnkern
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM
On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 12:40:40PM -0400, Scott MOhnkern wrote:
> AOL has announced that they will soon refuse email that does not support
> Sender Policy Framework (SPF).

Where have they said this? I know they have published an SPF record
and are keen about the SPF proposals. I don't see it mentioned on;

    http://postmaster.aol.com/guidelines/standards.html
    http://postmaster.aol.com/faq/mailerfaq.html

and it's not even on their list of recommended best practises;

    http://postmaster.aol.com/guidelines/bestprac.html

(which include RFC-compliancy, something SPF is not yet), all I
can find is that AOL are insisting on their whitelist participants
publishing SPF records;

    http://postmaster.aol.com/info/spf.html

Not that suddenly not being able to mail anyone @aol.com would be an amazing
loss or anything like that, but is this actually happening ?

--
Colm MacCárthaigh  /  HEAnet, Teach Brooklawn,  / Innealtóir Ghréasáin
+353 1 6609040    / Bóthar Shelbourne, BÁC, IE /   http://www.hea.net/