RE: [Exim] OS X php Issues

Autor: Rick Cooper
A: Exim Users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] OS X php Issues

You don't need to have any knowledge of PHP, Apache, or MySql to use Exim as
none of these things have any thing to do with the Exim distribution. While
Exim can be compiled to utilize MySql this is not it's "out of the box"
behavior. Apache and PHP are simply not part of the program, Exim provides
no web interface what so ever.

What you need to do is list the exact package you installed (perhaps VExim?)
and someone may be able to point you toward a support list. Had you looked
through the Exim docs you would quickly find none of the questions you asked
have to do with anything that comes as part of the Exim distribution.

<snip>

> > I'd recommend, since this has nothing to do with Exim, that you not
> > followup to this message on the exim list.
>
> From some of the reactions here, who would want to? Thanks for your
> notes. Be aware though, that those trying to install EXIM, questioning
> the install scripts and the resulting needs of PHP and MySQL, would
> naturally ask in here, as they might find setup of such software to be
> very much a part of EXIM.

Again, the reason your questions posed a puzzle is because PHP, MYSQL are
absolutely NOT part of Exim. You would have to override the default build
settings just to get Exim to understand what MySql is (as thoroughly
documented in the Exim spec file). No one is slighting you or your
questions, in fact the first person that pointed out that your questions do
not pertain to the Exim distribution then went on to offer things for you to
look at. I have a custom PHP interface to manage the Exim installations on
our server sites and if I were to run into a problem and posed a question
regarding said interface to this list no one could help me because it's not
part of Exim, it's something I wrote. But if you have an Exim related "how
to" (ACL, Router, or even Exim-> MySql) question you will find all the help
you need I can assure you.