Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support

Author: Eric Kuzniar
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support
>Me too. I have many testing accounts; if anyone emails them, it gets
>forwarded to my "real" account. As does "b u g s a t e x i m d o t
>o r g" (when formatted correctly!) And some postmaster-type emails.
>
>Also, forwarding is used commonly when somebody moves jobs if the
>previous employer is feeling kindly disposed to them - and this is
>common in the academic world.

Rather than counting on people to implement SRS on mail forwarders we
took an easier approach that still allows us to check SPF records with
confidence. If someone wants to forward mail to their account they
simply put their email address to forward to as username.fwd@???.
The .fwd extension disables the SPF check in that case and the only
people we had to count on are those that are under our control. Doesn't
give us any security in publishing SPF records as we still cannot know
if sent email will forwarded along the way, but it does give us a warm
fuzzy feeling for checking them.