Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support

Author: Mike Meredith
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exiscan-acl-4.24-22 - SPF support
On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:43:38 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-05-26 at 16:48 +0100, Tim Jackson wrote:
> > SPF is an utterly stupid, broken idea. The only conceivable use I can
> > see of SPFv1 is to publish records saying "this domain does not send
> > mail, ever".
>
> Which, if we're going to have to change the way the whole world works
> anyway, can be far better achieved by removing the old hack to look at A
> records if there are no MX records.

Surely getting rid of fallback to A records cures an entirely different
problem ?. A "-all" record says don't accept mail from this domain; removing
an MX record (without fallback to A records) says don't deliver mail to this
domain.
--
Mike Meredith, Senior Informatics Officer
University of Portsmouth: Hostmaster, Postmaster and Security