RE: [Exim] BACKUP smart host?

Autor: Mike 'Fraz' White
A: 'Odhiambo G. Washington', exim-users
Assumpte: RE: [Exim] BACKUP smart host?

wrote:
> [...]

message
> specified
> >
> > > I believe the answer is YES.
> >
> > No, it is not. ;-)

---8<---

+----------------------------------+------------------------------------
--
This is becoming more of a common problem as ISPs (quite rightly IMHO)
try to stem the flow of viruses to their customers. Unfortunately for

The solution I'm using is to have the following as my first router

Dynamically_blocked_fallback_smarthost_router:
driver = manualroute
domains = </path/to/list/of/dynamic/unfriendly/isps>
route_list = * <smarthost.server>:<your.server>
transport = remote_smtp

So that mails to known "dynamically unfriendly" ISPs are routed via my
ISP.

The main disadvantage of this over the approach you were looking at is
that it requires your list of ISPs to be updated manually although I
suppose you could run a script to tail your exim log and automatically
update the list once a "550 dynamically blocked" message is received.

--
Mike 'Fraz' White
www.smartowner.co.uk