Re: [Exim] exim - smarthost config problem - dynamic IP reje…

Author: Lloyd F. Tennison
To: java
CC: Exim' Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim - smarthost config problem - dynamic IP rejection
There really is no fix. Dynamic IP's are simply not allowed. The only
way would be to "spoof" your IP and that is against all RFC's and some
laws.

The theory is that "real" businesses will have "real" servers with
dedicated IP's. Comcast, AOL, Compuserver, all Mail.com, many
government agencies and schools (sometimes MSN/Hotmail)- they all
block dynamic IP's. In addition, spambag.org (among others) lists them
as dynamic blocks which then hits people that use their blacklists.

I ran into the same type of problem when I was using a server and so
many messages were seen as coming from my dynamic IP. I finally
had to zap that out of the headers to eliminate all of the problems.
(That was in Mailman.)