Re: [Exim] exim - smarthost config problem - dynamic IP reje…

Author: Frank S. Bernhardt
To: Exim Users List
New-Topics: Solved !!!!!Re: [Exim] exim - smarthost config problem - dynamic IP rejection
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim - smarthost config problem - dynamic IP rejection
These are the router, transport and authenticator I use for Rogers Cable.

java@??? wrote:
> It would be nice to know if anyone has had the same kind of problem I have
> ( dynamic IP originated mail blocked by some ISPs).
> If yes what are the steps to follow.
> I will try to use all the hints you guys sent to me.
> If anyone out there had/has the same problem I have, it would be
> appreciate for any posts.
> Thank you.
>

>>It's not even using the authenticator defined by me.
>>It simply dies on ISP mailserver 550 .
>>All I see in my exim log is the fact that my ISP does not permit relay 550
>>:(

>>>See the provided examples.  Basically, "client_send" should list three
>>>fields, separated by colons:
>>>     client_send = "$server : $username : $password"

>>>     $server    is the server you authenticate against
>>>     $username  is your username on that server
>>>     $password  is your password on that server

>>>-tor
>>>

> --

# b.c.s.i. - handles domains that don't like dynamic ip smtp servers
#          - the 'byname' option does lookup in /etc/hosts
smarthost:
  driver = manualroute
  domains = aol.com : t-online.de : netscape.net
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = * smtp.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com byname

--
remote_smtp:
driver = smtp

--
# b.c.s.i. - used to authenticate to Rogers
fixed_login: