Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sough…

Author: Anand Buddhdev
To: Oliver Siegmar
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users, Sam Varshavchik
Subject: Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sought)

Then Oliver Siegmar wrote:

> Okay. Now I'm totally confused. I talked to Sam Varshavchik (the author of
> courier) - see what he's answered:
>
> OS> It seems that courier-imap changed the way of handling 0-quota in the
> OS> maildirsize file. I was told that 3.0.3 handling 0 as unlimited. But my
> OS> 1.4.3 (debian woody package) is handling 0-quota as 0 byte.
>
> SV> 0 was never interpreted as unlimited.

Ok, I've copied Sam in this email, so that he can answer
authoritatively. Sam could you please explain the following 2 things:

1. In the file maildir/maildirquota.h, I see:

struct maildirquota {
        off_t nbytes;   /* # of bytes, 0 - unlimited */
        int nmessages;  /* # of messages, 0 - unlimited */
};

To me, that means that a value of 0 is to be interpreted as "no quota
limit". Please correct me if I am wrong.

2. Second, if I place the value "1000000S" in my maildirsize file, and
go to read my email with say sqwebmail, I see the text "You are using
x% of your quota". If I then place "0S" in the maildirsize file, I
don't get any text telling me about my quota usage, meaning that no
quotas are being enforced. So again, I am correct in interpreting that
a value of 0 means no quota enforcement. Please correct me if I am
wrong.

--
Anand Buddhdev
Celtel International