Re: [Exim] callout issue.. (people blocking <>)

Author: Brian
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] callout issue.. (people blocking <>)
Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:

> At 1:33 pm -0400 2004/05/10, Brian wrote:
> [...]
>
>> well for starters I would like to offer more people information about
>> why this happened..
>>
>> I tried doing this:
>>
>> !verify = sender/callout=use_sender
>> deny message = some useful text here
>> log_message = Verify failed [$sender_address - $local_part@$domain]
>>
>> but that seemed to only reject mail give the deny message.. even valid
>> ones..
>>
>> I changed the deny to drop and it made no different.. what did I miss?
>

> ehm, you have just found the perfect anti-spam recipe: deny (or drop)
> all messages... to be precise all messages that have not been
> accepted yet.

hmm..

then is this correct?

require message = some useful text here
verify = sender/callout
log_message = Verify failed (more txt here.. )

so does deny/drop -need- a condition then?

I was using the dnslists example as an example..

deny message = rejected because..
dnslists = dnsbl.domain.com

but I guess dnslists is it's own thing altogether then..

- Brian