Re: [Exim] callout issue.. (people blocking <>)

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Brian, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] callout issue.. (people blocking <>)
At 1:33 pm -0400 2004/05/10, Brian wrote:
[...]
>well for starters I would like to offer more people information about
>why this happened..
>
>I tried doing this:
>
>!verify = sender/callout=use_sender
> deny message = some useful text here
> log_message = Verify failed [$sender_address - $local_part@$domain]
>
>but that seemed to only reject mail give the deny message.. even valid
>ones..
>
>I changed the deny to drop and it made no different.. what did I miss?

ehm, you have just found the perfect anti-spam recipe: deny (or drop)
all messages... to be precise all messages that have not been
accepted yet.

I do not know how a verify on its own is interpreted by exim, perhaps
it is included in the previous deny/accept/drop verb, but the deny
you have after it is simply an unconditional deny as it has no
conditions.
Also, use_sender does not apply to sender callout, which does always use <>.

Giuliano