Re: [Exim] filtering on &nbsp in subject

Author: Tor Slettnes
To: Jeff Lasman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] filtering on &nbsp in subject
On May 7, 2004, at 14:53, Jeff Lasman wrote:
> We'd like to either refuse (I know, we shouldn't do that after data) or
> filter out to /dev/null all email with   in the subject.

Educate me, why not refuse it?

Also, are you talking about the string " " or a "non-break-space"
character with ISO/UTF code 0xA0 (160 decimal)?

> Has anyone done this? Can you point me to a quick howto?
>
> I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. I'm sure I'm missing
> something simple, but it's driving me nuts.

The following in your DATA acl ought to do:

      deny message   = We no not accept non-printable characters in
subject
           condition = ${if match {$h_Subject:}{\N[[:^print:]]\n}
{true}{false}}

-tor