[Exim] filtering on &nbsp in subject

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] filtering on &nbsp in subject
First, I've tried to search for this both on my local collection of hte
most recent 10,530 posts, and using Google, but the nature of the
problem (  appearing in a subject line) causes too many false hits
and nothing usable <frown>.

So I hope you'll forgive me if this has been covered before.

Several users have contacted me to clear out their mailboxes because
they're getting emails with &nbsp; at the beginning of the subject
line, and as as result, their email download (Outlook express, but
perhaps others as well) locks up and they can't get their email.

We'd like to either refuse (I know, we shouldn't do that after data) or
filter out to /dev/null all email with &nbsp; in the subject.

Has anyone done this? Can you point me to a quick howto?

I'm going nuts trying to figure this out. I'm sure I'm missing
something simple, but it's driving me nuts.

Thanks for any pointers.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation