RE: [Exim] Change message when maildir quota exceeded?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Taylor
A: 'Odhiambo G. Washington', exim-users
Asunto: RE: [Exim] Change message when maildir quota exceeded?
> Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> * Steve Taylor <list@???> [20040504 10:37]: wrote:
> > when the quota is exceeded mail is bounced with the
> following message...
> >
> > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
> > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following
> address(es) failed:
> >   save to /path/to/maildir
> >     generated by local_part@???
> >     mailbox is full

> > Is it possible to change this message to something like
> 'Destination mailbox is
> > full', hiding the actual path to the maildir?
>
> I've been meaning to look at this for a long time, but time keeps
> evading me.
> Could you please look at chapter 41 of Exim specification and
> see if you
> come up with something.
> That chapter deals with "CUSTOMIZING BOUNCE AND WARNING MESSAGES".

I can see how to change the format of the bounce message using a template file,
but I don't think there is a way of changing the actual error message text
output by the transport when it can't deliver to a mailbox, i.e. I don't think
this mechanism can be used to remove the 'save to /path/to/maildir' line in the
error quoted above.

The "mailbox is full" is coming from appendfile.c - any idea where the "save
to..." message text is coming from? As a last resort I could change the source
and recompile. A grep -R in the source tree does not find "save to".

Thanks, Steve.