[Exim] Re: exim3 is OpenRelay

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Miquel van Smoorenburg
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: exim3 is OpenRelay
In article <010001c42ec1$e50655e0$045311ac@???>,
Karel W. Dingeldey <karel@???> wrote:
>Since two weeks I'm using exim3 (Debian package). I know that this is
>a little bit old, but I want to use the packages Debian offers me and
>so I can't use exim4.
>Last week I got the message from ORDB that my server is an open relay.
>I found out that exim accepts addresses like this one:
>    "foreign-user@???
>After receiving this mail, exim "unpacks" the foreign address and
>forwards the email to foreign-user@???

That's not an issue with the Debian exim3 package. We've been running
it for years on lots of servers, and I'm really really sure there
isn't an open relay in our network.

>My first thought was that I forgot to deny this by setting a variable,
>but after looking at the documentation at exim.org, searching the web
>and asking a debian forum I'm not sure about this. Nobody and nothing
>could help me, so I hope you can.

It's really hard without logging into your box, running some tests
and looking at the configuration.

Did you by accident, or on purpose, configure exim to forward unknown
local users to a smarthost? That would have this exact same effect.

>My current exim.conf (main part):

That doesn't look right. rechnername.domain.com ? domain.com:domain2.com ?
If you want people to look at your config, don't try to obfuscate it.

Mike.