Re: [Exim] Change message when maildir quota exceeded?

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Odhiambo G. Washington
A: Steve Taylor
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Change message when maildir quota exceeded?
* Steve Taylor <list@???> [20040504 12:38]: wrote:
> > Odhiambo G. Washington wrote:
> > * Steve Taylor <list@???> [20040504 10:37]: wrote:
> > > when the quota is exceeded mail is bounced with the
> > following message...
> > >
> > > A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
> > > recipients. This is a permanent error. The following
> > address(es) failed:
> > >   save to /path/to/maildir
> > >     generated by local_part@???
> > >     mailbox is full

> > > Is it possible to change this message to something like
> > 'Destination mailbox is
> > > full', hiding the actual path to the maildir?
> >
> > I've been meaning to look at this for a long time, but time keeps
> > evading me.
> > Could you please look at chapter 41 of Exim specification and
> > see if you
> > come up with something.
> > That chapter deals with "CUSTOMIZING BOUNCE AND WARNING MESSAGES".
>
> I can see how to change the format of the bounce message using a template file,
> but I don't think there is a way of changing the actual error message text
> output by the transport when it can't deliver to a mailbox, i.e. I don't think
> this mechanism can be used to remove the 'save to /path/to/maildir' line in the
> error quoted above.
>
> The "mailbox is full" is coming from appendfile.c - any idea where the "save
> to..." message text is coming from? As a last resort I could change the source
> and recompile. A grep -R in the source tree does not find "save to".
>
> Thanks, Steve.

That 'save to' seems to be coming from your system filter. I see that as
part of filter.txt (Exim filter specification).
You don't have the complete src for exim, otherwise your grep -R would
have found the string in exim-4.32/doc/filter.txt
Sincerely, I too really want to make a better message out of the
bounce_message when quota is exceeded.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington                     . WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
<wash at wananchi dot com>              . 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (+254) 722 743 223                 . # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
GSM: (+254) 733 744 121                 . (+254) 020 313 985 - 9             |
                         --from a /. post