Re: [Exim] lmtp transport: verifying address (LMTP callout)

Autor: Andrzej Filip
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] lmtp transport: verifying address (LMTP callout)
Matt Bernstein wrote:
> At 01:18 +0200 Andrzej Filip wrote:
>

>>It seems that exim 4.30 can not run callouts over unix sockets
>>[transport lmtp (socket)]
>

> Duh! Sorry if I misled you.. I'll have a look and see how difficult that
> would be to patch up.
>
> One thing I ought to mention here is that you can't use callouts to make a
> Cyrus Sieve LMTP reject into an SMTP reject as the two protocols are
> different after the DATA phase.

It seems to require two fixes in verify.c
1) Adding an exception to "quit when 'hosts' list is empty"
2) special code to open UNIX socket insted of opening TCP IPV4/IPV6
connection.

But by exim patching experience is "limited" :-)

BTW Why smtp transport does not support socket and command options ?
[ Is it something more than "tradition" ? ]

--
Andrzej [en:Andrew] Adam Filip anfi@??? anfi@???
http://anfi.homeunix.net/ http://slashdot.org/~anfi