Re: [Exim] exim bug? .forward filter always firing even for …

Autor: Frank S. Bernhardt
A: Tom Kistner, Exim Users List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] exim bug? .forward filter always firing even for non-spam
Thanks for your post, Tom.

The solution was so obvious (once it was pointed out to me).

What happened was, after running spamassassin for a while, the BAYES_00
filter kicked in; that's BA Y E S _00. And guess what I'm checking for
in my user filter? Y E S. Doh!

I changed the filter to look for 'contains "X-Spam-Status: Yes"' and
that seems to have done it.

> What does your ACL entry look like? Do you invoke SA via exiscan at all?
> What headers do you add?

The ACL obviously had nothing to do with it and no, I don't invoke SA
via exiscan. I use a 'spamcheck' transport that executes '/usr/bin/spamc
-s 500000'. The headers are added by spamd (I assume).

>> # Exim filter
>> if
>>    $h_X-Spam-Status: contains "Yes"
>>    or
>>    "${if def:h_X-Spam-Flag {def}{undef}}" is "def"
>> then
>>    save $home/spam
>>    finish
>> endif

Ya, that's it. My 'yes' blunder is now glaringly obvious (I'm so ashamed).

> So it is spam if the X-Spam-Flag header is defined, even if it is empty?

That's right. It seems that spamd only adds the X-Spam-Flag when the
e-mail is flagged as spam. I guess that the 'or' check is redundant but
I got this recipe from:

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/config_docs/exim4_spamassassin.html

and it's served me well until now.

Again, thanks to all who responded and set me straight.

--

Regards

Frank S. Bernhardt
b.c.s.i.