Re: [Exim] spamassassin only for specific domains: how?

Autor: Tim Jackson
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] spamassassin only for specific domains: how?
Hi Tom, on Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:18:15 +0200 you wrote:

> what if i simply add X-Spam headers at DATA time (undiscriminatingly)
> and then simply setup sieveshells for each cyrus user, that simply
> dumps the ones with a certain score into a designated junk folder?

That's fine, and a pretty good solution.

> in conjunction with that: what score is considered safe?

It depends to a certain extent on what environment you have (e.g. if you
have extra rulesets, are you doing Bayes training etc.). A score of 10 is
pretty safe for rejection. Some people use less, down to 8 for example.
However, if you're only moving spam into a "junk" folder rather than
trashing/rejecting it, you can certainly go lower; probably 5-6 (or maybe
even less, if you have a well-trained Bayes system)

> if i should
> inform my users in advance that starting day X all mails with scores
> higher than Y will be rejected for *everybody* (and the rest tagged for
> convenience) what would you suggest to use for Y?

I would suggest 10-12. However, for more detailed discussion, you might
want to head over to sa-talk and speak to the guys there.

Tim