Re: [Exim] Final timeout during SMTP conversation with Watch…

Autor: Jerry Nicholls
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Final timeout during SMTP conversation with Watchguard firewalls
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 11:23, John Burnham wrote:
> I appear to be experiencing problems sending mail from a server running
> Exim 4.30 to servers that seem to be running Watchguard. The entire SMTP
> conversation takes place - all the data has been sent but then the
> receiving server does not send a 2xx OK response, so Exim just sits
> there and eventually times out.

Ah Watchguards :/ I had exactly the same woes recently where I had set
up an Exim bastion host protecting an Exchange server with a Watchguard
between the two. It turned out that the Watchguard was in proxy mode,
not filter mode and the proxy couldn't cope with NULL characters in the
email :( Fortunately for us it didn't need to be in proxy mode (that was
an oversight) and switching to just filter mode fixed the problem.

HTH,
Jerry.
--
Jerry Nicholls                         E: Jerry.Nicholls@???