Re: [Exim] Local Transport 127.0.0.1

Author: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: lloyd_tennison
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Local Transport 127.0.0.1
Lloyd F. Tennison wrote:

> I need to have the header for local mail changed. Because of
> the
> hand-off that it does,

>     by mail.localhost.org with esmtp (Exim 4.22)
>     id 1zzzzc-0005lA-B0; Sun, 25 Apr 2004 05:24:54  -0400

It is more likely that your mail is being filtered because of -

1. A bogus helo like localhost.org

2. Your delivering mail direct from a dynamic IP

3. Your sending mail with a freemail address (whoever.com) in the sender
envelope but not from whoever.com (that is, mail.com's) smtp servers,
operated by outblaze - either webmail, or their premium pop3 offering.

Have you tried setting up exim to send out your email through a
smarthost - any smarthost you have access to, such as your broadband /
dialup provider's smtp server ... http://www.hserus.net/exim.html

    srs

--
linux@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)