Re: [Exim] Local Transport 127.0.0.1

Author: Bill Hacker
To: exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Local Transport 127.0.0.1
Lloyd F. Tennison wrote:

> I need to have the header for local mail changed. Because of
> the
> hand-off that it does,

>     by mail.localhost.org with esmtp (Exim 4.22)
>     id 1zzzzc-0005lA-B0; Sun, 25 Apr 2004 05:24:54  -0400

> Some SPAM programs automatically mark anything with 127.0.0.1
> or
> localhost in the headers as SPAM. This makes Mailman and
> other
> local programs not able to be delivered.
>
> I looked through recents posts - but was not able to search
> the
> entire post database as that is not a option to do with
> Yahoo.

Not to worry - I have the last 14,000+ posts on the PowerBook, more on
the Warp box...... <G>

> Any help would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks.
>
> Lloyd F. Tennison
> lloyd_tennison@???

This might help - reposting a 14 Feb 2004 note from Peter Cole:

Probably needs 're-wrapping'.

Cheers,

Bill Hacker
Hi all,

I've just set up my mail server of sorts here which is running Debian Sarge
with Exim4, Fetchmail, and Procmail.

I'm trying to set it up so I can send internal mail without going via my ISP
and external mail with address rewriting going via my ISP.

The internal domain is starpoint.local and the ISP domain is bigpond.com.

I found this configuration below for rewriting external emails only, and I
have created the file /etc/email-addresses-intranet, but external mail is
not being adjusted accordingly.

I'm obviously doing something wrong and my lack of understanding of Exim is
probably not helping.

As it turns out, the file I added this to is
/etc/exim4/conf.d/30_exim4-config_remote_smtp which I assume is the same
file they mean here but with a different name due to the newer version.

Any tips at all?

Thanks,

Pete

I found the solution :

1) Don't declare anything any /etc/exim4/email-addresses (or else,
    addresses are always rewritten)

2) Instead, use a custom file : /etc/exim4/email-addresses-intranet

3) Append the following lines to 30_exim4-base_remote_smtp
    in /etc/exim4/conf.d/transport

--
# translate outgoing email adresses to fully qualified adresses, as
# ruled by the file /etc/exim4/email-adresses-intranet