Re: [Exim] Exim MySQL Problems

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Florian Schicker [Nessus Office]
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Exim MySQL Problems
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004, Florian Schicker [Nessus Office] wrote:

> On one domain i get some more mail traffic (ap. 10 mails/sec) once per day
> for about 1hour.
>
> Everytime this happens, exim takes one mysql connection per incoming mail
> (normally i only have 1 conn)
> and doesnt disconnect them after the selects (they keep in "sleep state" at
> SHOW PROCESSLIST).
> so, after some minutes mysql gets max_connections (250 in my case) and
> blocks new connections.

Each incoming connection is a separate process. It is likely to hold
onto the MySQL connection while it operates. However, once it has
received the message, the process exits. This should close down
everything, including the MySQL connection. So, the question is, are you
seeing a lot of long-running Exim reception processes?

A thought has just struck me: have you set smtp_accept_max_per_host to
something that does a MySQL lookup? There seems to be a bug that could
cause this effect if you have.